1. Smartspanner has been developed to help people and businesses manage asset maintenance. Smartspanner is designed to help you schedule, log and assign maintenance tasks for assets and is designed to be deployed within maintenance departments.
2. Smartspanner Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 8592005 whose registered office address is Unit 6 Queens Court, Team Valley Trading Estate, Gateshead, NE11 0BU (“Smartspanner”).
3. Using Smartspanner means you shall be sharing and disclosing information about yourself and the company you work for. This may include details listed within your user profile and information disclosed through use of the application such as assets lists, procedures, other users under your control, breakdown information and maintenance tasks. If you are not comfortable disclosing such information, we recommend that you do not use Smartspanner.
5. Smartspanner is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. Should you provide us with certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that this information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
6. Smartspanner may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. We will notify all active users, via email, of any changes to this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. In order to use Smartspanner you shall need to register as a member. We shall collect the following information from you during the registration process:
a. Your name
b. The name of the company / business you work for
c. Job title (optional);
d. Your e-mail address;
f. A profile image (optional)
g. Your location (country)
2. Note that passwords are only transferred between client applications and the Smartspanner servers in an encrypted form. Your email address is used as your login user name.
3. It is fundamental to the operation of Smartspanner that we store information that represents your maintenance schedules, maintenance tasks, asset register, procedures and similar information. We may collect statistics about the usage of Smartspanner such that we can optimise its performance. Such usage statistics are not associated with users.
4. Should you use our mobile application(s), we may collect details about the mobile operating system you are using and monitor which features of the application are most used. This is exclusively for the purpose of improving the product, and this information is not associated with your user account.
5. We may collect information relating to search terms you have entered either via our website or the search functionality in client software.
6. We may collect information relating to questions and answers you have conducted via our website.
CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
1. You can change the information on your profile at any time by logging into your account and editing your profile.
2. You may delete your account at any time. Once your account is deleted Smartspanner is not required to maintain your information, this may be deleted. Certain information may be maintained for legal and security purposes.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. All information shall be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. We may use your information for the following purpose:
a. To help us verify your identify when you contact us for security purposes;
b. To administer your account and Smartspanner;
c. To contact you (where you have given your consent) to provide you with an e-mail summary of your activity / profile etc;
d. To contact you pursuant to the supply of services by us;
e. To respond to enquiries from you;
f. To properly administer your account with us;
g. To repair technical difficulties with the Site; and
h. To assist us in preventing or detecting fraud.
3. We do not send spam emails. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise expose any Smartspanner-held data to third parties.
4. We may contact you with information relating to improvements or changes to the functionality and features within the Smartspanner application.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, Smartspanner shall only disclose your information to the government, police or relevant security service when required to do so. Smartspanner shall comply with the laws of England and Wales. Smartspanner maintains a zero tolerance policy in relation to criminal acts and abusive behaviour. Such behaviour shall result in your profile being removed, your details being passed to the relevant security agency and legal action being taken against you.
1. We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
2. The internet is not a secure environment. No guarantees, warranties or indemnities are provided in relation to the data you store or disclose on Smartspanner.
3. You are responsible for ensuring your password is kept secret. You may change your password at any time.
4. You are responsible for ensuring the secrecy of further account details such as your email address used to access your account.
1. We use temporary session cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about request traffic and improve our system in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Session cookies survive only while your browser is open. No information is retained or transferred between sessions.
2. We use a persistent cookie for the purpose of recognising that a user has chosen to remain logged into their account. Logging out removes this cookie, or it will naturally expire after a fixed time of 14 days. No other persistent cookies are created.
4. Google Analytics is Google’s free web analytics tool that helps website owners to understand how their visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports trends without identifying visitors. Analytics uses its own set of cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information such as what time the visit occurred and whether the visitor has been to the site before. Analytics customers (including Smartspanner) are obliged to notify users of their use of analytics software. To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. In addition to declining cookies, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on in your browser, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits.
5. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way facilitates access to your computer or any information about you.
6. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, this can normally be achieved by accessing your Browser’s ‘internet options’, clicking on ‘Privacy’ and clicking on ‘disable cookies’. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
2. You shall not use other users’ information for commercial gain or any other purpose than designated for by this software and website.
3. You must not be offensive, rude, racist or use this website in any way that breaches the laws of England and Wales or the laws of the country you are domiciled in.
1. Our tools (including website) may contain links to other those of other organisations or 3rd party website. Once you have used any link to leave our site, you should note we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we shall not be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, we accept no responsibility for third party websites.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. No information will be disclosed by us to third parties without your consent. However in some circumstances, such as a legal investigation, we may be required to disclose information about you to a third party to comply with the law, in which case where we are permitted we will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you.
2. At any time you may request details of the information we hold about you by writing to the address given below. Further information about the Data Protection Act 1998 can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s web site at www.ico.gov.uk/
3. Any information held about you as a user is held within your user account. If you find any of this to be incorrect or incomplete, you may also write to or email us at the addresses below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. However, you are principally responsible for updating your profile.